Thursday, March 6, 2008

Abby's 15 month Check Up


Yesterday was Abby's 15 month doctor's appointment and we were hoping for a heck of a lot more weight gain, but here are her stats-

Weight - 16 pounds 6 ounces - <3%>
Height - 28 1/4 inches - 3%
Head Circumference - 17 5/8 inches - 10-25%
This is super frustrating because we have to give her this nasty medicine, that she takes great because she is such a good girl, but then it does not make a difference in her weight. She out eats her older sister by a lot, but she does not put on weight. Hopefully, she will get bigger, but despite her thinness, she is developing appropriately, which is the most important thing.

5 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

Don't worry, I too have a little peewee. Everyone thinks I am crazy when I have my two littlest- just because they think Ashlyn is so much younger than she really is.

The Carlson Crew said...

Maegan, I'm sorry that we have opposite problems! McKay is now on Infant cereal, formula and strained fruits, meats and veggies. The sad thing is, he isn't that great of an eater. And he gained like that even while I was nursing. Seriously gained a pound a week for a long time. I'm sorry, though, it's gotta be frustrating. Just think how happy she'll be to have a little body when she's a teenager! :) I'm big fatso's don't walk or crawl until 3 months after they're supposed to, so there's your consolation.

Anonymous said...

I think they put too much stock into numbers someone has to be the littlest. As long as she is meeting developmental milestones just be happy she will be a peanut when she is in HS.

Anonymous said...

I think she looks just perfect! Great blog, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady--thanks for the link to your blog!! I have a peanut too (weight wise) and if she's eating and learning and seems healthy, she probably is. Both of your girls are certainly cute!

Cheers!
Corey