Last night I worked on the post partum unit at the hospital and I walked into my first patient's room and she was only 16 years old with her first baby, she was watching cartoon network and she was not very interested in her baby. She was very apathetic towards her child. Then, I also took care of a 14 year old that had an intoxicated mom and she was only 98% sure that she was going to give the baby up for adoption! Oh, also the boyfriend is 17 years old. Sorry, but what is a JUNIOR in high school doing with an EIGHTH GRADER? Meanwhile, the adoptive parents were in the next room taking care of the baby, bonding with her and loving her. It just made me so sad that these girls have made these choices. Sometimes I wish Heavenly Father would not allow our reproductive systems work until at least 18 years old so then at least the girls might be a little older. Sometimes I wish people could not have babies unless they were married, but then that would be like someone else's plan and take away our free agency, but I feel so sad for these young girls and for their babies that will not have a chance at the home that they should be raised in. Please pray for this 14 year old mom that she will realize the best thing she can do for her child is to give her to a loving couple that are married and financially able to provide for this baby.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
This is why I finally gave up NICU. It was way to hard after having kids of my own to give these babies I had grown to love over 3 months to a mother who had never been to visit them and whose lifestyle has landed the baby in the NICU in the first place.But then I had to realize that Heavenly Father gave these weet little bodies really strong spirits and they would hopefully grow up to be a good example to their parents? It was so hard to see someone so innocent brought into such a tough situation.
Anyway you should send me your e-mail or phone number,I would love to catch up more.
Whitney
so sad. Makes me grateful to know what I know and follow the commandments that are in place to give us more freedome! Agency can be so great and so horrible at once.
Post a Comment