Monday, December 3, 2007

Unforgettable Birthday Weekend



For those of you who have seen Legacy, Eliza is talking about the winter they spent at Winter Quarters, Nebraska and she says something to the effect of "It is a winter I do not wish to remember, but one that I will never forget". Well, that is how I feel about Abby's birthday. It started off great on Saturday morning, we went to Kiddie Kandids to go get the girls birthday pictures and some family pictures as well.

Then we had the most horrible weekend we could have ever imagined! We went to eat at this new Mexican Restaurant called Carlos Miguel's and it was super yummy. In fact, Will said it was the best mexican food he has ever had, and he is somewhat of a mexican connoissuer. It started a couple of hours after we ate, and our house turned into vomit central. It was not fun. Abby was the only one who did not get sick, because she refused to eat any of the food at the restaurant. Will, Ellie and I went in shifts puking in the tub. This went on till 10pm, when we decided to go to the ER and get some IV fluids. My mom sat with Abby and we got home about 1am and I came inside, running up the stairs and puked again. They probably should not have let me go home from the ER. Sunday was a blur because my head hurt so bad that I could not lift it off the pillow. Luckily, Abby is young and will not remember that her 1st birthday was not very fun. Will had a terrible headache as well, but he suffered through it enough to take care of the girls after my mom left.
We thought it was over, but Ellie ended up vomiting everything she had eaten again during our nap this afternoon. Hopefully, it does not continue. The only bright point in this whole weekend is that the restaurant will pay for the copays in the ER and will refund our money for the dinner. It really is the least they should do. Anyways, I hope your weekend was better than ours.

0 comments: